LexPro Research can conduct and facilitate work worldwide, depending on country specific variations. We have managed cases throughout the Americas, Europe, Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the Pacific. LexPro Research has handled cases in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Costa Rica, Denmark, France, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, Pakistan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Switzerland, United Kingdom, South Africa, and other countries.
International work can include, but is not limited to:
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) issues
- Overseas business facilitation
- Reputational inquires
- OFAC (Patriot Act) compliance, including searches of:
- Specially Designated Global Terrorists
- Blocked Persons
- U.S. Department of Commerce Bureau of Export Administration Denied Persons List
- Palestinian Legislative Council List (PLC)
- FBI Fugitives 10 Most Wanted
- Most Wanted Terrorist
- United Nations Sanction list
- World Bank of Debarred Firms list
- Politically Exposed Persons
- Commodity Futures Trading Commission
- Office of Comptroller of Currency list of Unauthorized Banks
- Interpol European Union Most Wanted and Bank of England
Case Studies: International Capabilities
- On behalf of a U.S.-based power company that was considering a joint-venture with a Saudi concern, LexPro Research conducted due diligence and background research on the Saudi principal. Not only was LexPro Research able to confirm the Saudi’s credentials, but because LexPro Research was able to determine that the individual was in fact a member of the Royal family and exactly who his siblings are, the client was able to mitigate and avoid potential Foreign Corruption Practice Act (FCPA) issues related to the joint-venture.
- LexPro Research was contacted by a U.S.-based real estate company that had been approached by a businessman who claimed to be from Qatar. Through international inquiries, LexPro Research determined the individual was in fact from Pakistan. Additional research revealed the businessman in question had no experience or qualifications to accomplish any of what he proposed.
- A high net worth individual was considering a deal with a U.K. citizen. LexPro Research’s work revealed the individual was in fact a Danish businessman who fled Denmark under suspicion of fraud and corruption charges.
- Our client was considering an investment in an online gaming concern based in Costa Rica. Not only was LexPro Research able to conduct background research on the company and its Costa Rican executives in a timely and cost-efficient manner, but during the work LexPro Research discovered the company was in fact owned by two U.S. individuals, one of whom had served a federal prison sentence for illegal bookmaking.